Health insurance is indispensable for every individual keeping in mind the rising medical cost. Today medical treatment costs have reached an all-time high and are further expected to rise. Most people have become aware of the advantages associated with a medical insurance policy yet a reluctant approach is adopted when buying these health insurance policies.
The major reason behind this is the lack of awareness/ignorance about working on a medical insurance policy, the factors which should be considered when buying medical insurance, and the successful filing of a claim.
Image Source: Google
Let us now discuss the factors which need to be considered when planning to buy health insurance.
• Number and age of the members which will be included in your medical insurance policy.
• The maximum amount of sum insured to provide coverage to the members in the policy. You should select the sum insured depending upon your premium payment capacity as the higher the coverage more the premium payment amount and vice versa.
• Other features or riders which you can add to your medical insurance policy like critical illness rider, accidental cover.
• Knowledge about the successful filing of a claim. Also, the various reasons can be constraints in the successful filing of a claim.
• Health insurance providers and their policies. You should select the policy that fulfills if not all then most of your health care requirements.