Keeping the same wi-fi name on the range extender will allow you to fetch the same network settings as that of your router and you don’t need to set up separately. So, these steps will even help you solveto solve the connection issues.
To modify the one Wi-Fi name feature on Netgear Wi-Fi extender N300 setup:
- Take any device which has an internet facility and is connected to the extender’s network.
- Then, enter the www.mywifiext.net in the search bar and open the extender login page. Enter the IP of your Netgear extender if Mywifiext is not working.
- If you have Wi-Fi name feature enabled on your extender, then follow these steps for different OS: Windows: Mywifiext. Mac, IOS: Mywifiext.local, Android devices: Enter the IP address directly into the address bar.
4. Then, a login page will appear.
5. Fill the details and click the ‘Login’ button.
6. Go to the ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Wireless’ on the home-page.
7. If you want to enable the single Wi-Fi name, then select yes otherwise no. If you are using the feature for the first time, then you have to run the smart setup first. For details related to setup, you can click on the Netgear Wi-Fi range extender N300 setup link.
8. Then, Visit the ‘Status’ page and click on the ‘Smart setup’ option.
9. If you have this feature disabled, then you must set the different credentials for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands in the Network credentials field. The Mesh functionality will be disabled under such cases.
10. Save and now, you can use the extender with different SSID and password.