Bad breath can be a socially debilitating condition. Bad breath is a persistent, unpleasant odor that can be detected when you open your mouth. People can become embarrassed if they have foul breath.
There are many bad breath remedies on the market today to get rid of it. Do you know which treatments work and which mask the problem? Taking an affordable bad breath treatment is as easy as practicing good oral hygiene.
Image Source Google
These are common treatments for bad breath.
1. After every meal, brush your teeth and rinse with water. This will help remove food particles from the mouth that can cause decay and bad breath.
2. Scrape your tongue. The millions of tiny hairs on your tongue can trap bacteria and cause foul-smelling breath. The white film forms on the tongue when the bacteria are abundant.
3. To increase saliva flow, chew sugarless gum. Saliva is our natural defense against bad breath.
4. Regular visits to the dentist are recommended. Bad breath can be caused by problems with the gum or tooth.
5. Avoid mouthwashes, breath mints, and anything containing alcohol. These may temporarily mask the odor, but they also dry the mouth quicker and provide a fertile ground for bacteria growth.
6. You can either apply peppermint oil directly to your mouth or use tea tree oil to clean your toothbrush. These oils are good for the mouth, as they have anti-bacterial properties.
Keep in mind that good oral hygiene is essential.